Oct 9, 2014Subscribe to Our Blog
|Date:||October 09 – October 10, 2014|
|Venue:||Dallas Inter Continental Hotel,|
15201 Parkway, Addison, TX 75001 USA
Optimizing Construction with BIM is the focus in Fall BIMForum this year. The mission of the event, which is organized by the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), is to revolutionize the AEC industry by facilitating and proliferating the adoption of BIM. Industry leaders will discuss on how BIM is being used proactively, to have a measurable impact on the construction process.
The Fall BIMForum, October 09 – 10, at the Dallas Inter Continental Hotel, will showcase the best examples of collaboration, optimization, and sustainability. Industry experts will be sharing their expertise, experience and best practices on the latest Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) technologies and processes.
Schedule of events:
Thursday, October 09, 8:00AM to 11:00PM:
- How are teams using BIM to consider construction optimization during the design phase?
- Can BIM optimize jobsite activities, including safety, quality control, or logistics?
- The general, but practical aspects of BIM management like BIM Execution Planning, using the AIA/AGC LOD Specification, including BIM in your Request for Proposal process, etc.
Friday, October 10, 8:30AM to 12:00PM
- “Pecha Kucha” Style Track Recaps
- Mainstage Presentations & Panels
Eminent Speakers and Presentation Topics:
- Robert Mencarini, Array Architects
Topic: Big Data and BIM: Turning Model Information into Insight
- David Fano and Colleen Kasprzak, CASE
Topic: Facility Datafication: Maximizing the Value of Your Building Portfolio with BIM
- Marco Vidali, ICAbim
Topic: Campus ICA: A neighborhood retrofitting catalyst
- Matthew Emond, Consigli Construction and Jeremy Garczynski, Skanska USA Building
Topic: The Fifth Discipline – Filling the Gaps of Multi-Trade Prefabrication
- Jonathan Hill, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
Topic: Achieving High Performance Enclosures by Designing for Construction
- Ashwin Ramesh and Kirsten Soderlund, Tocci Building Company
Topic: Optimizing Prototypical Designs for Construction
- Aaron Wright and Preston Hite, Hoar Construction
Topic: Hoar Construction – Case Studies in BIM-Driven Production Based Scheduling
- Nathan Wood, DPR Construction
Topic: Keeping the Faith: Benefits of a Reliable Model Through Construction
- James Benham, JBKnowledge, Inc. and Matthew Hoff, Mortenson Construction
Topic: Enhancing BIM with Augmented & Virtual Reality – How Contractors and Technology Solutions Providers are Partnering to Bring Advanced Technology to Projects
- Ervin Kulenica, EYP Architecture and Engineering with Bill Derence, Mascaro Construction and Eric Nulton, Penn State University
Topic: Steidle Building Renovation – Case Study
- Kristine K. Fallon, Kristine Fallon Associates and Peter Heimbach Jr., Tennessee Office of the State Architect
Topic: Rolling Out Open BIM Standards State-Wide
- Anand Gajbhiye with Kim Rohlfs and Zach Tschirhart, Joeris General Contractors
Topic: BIM Execution Plan-Beginning with the End in Mind
Some of the eminent sponsors to this event are – Pinnacle Infotech, Autodesk, Bentley, Imaginit, StrucSoft, Sanveo, HP, Trimble, Graphisoft, Clark Dietrich
For more detail please visit: