3D Modeling of Fire Protection System
A well-coordinated BIM is a single source for troubleshooting and evaluating all systems within the buildings. It informs the designers where to place panic hardware along an egress path or combination fire/smoke dampers in ductwork penetration.
BIM provides all relevant information pertaining to the flow and pressure of fire pump as well as the pump performance curve in fire suppression system. Hence, when the pump motor is selected, the stakeholders get information on the make, model, amperage, horsepower, voltage and preventive maintenance.
Pinnacle offers 3D modeling for fire protection contractors and helps them prepare hydraulic calculation. The modelling includes print list of system components and place bracings and hangers on drawings. It helps to build an automatic system for preparing riser diagrams and managing fire protection systems in better way.
3D Fire Protection Revit BIM Objects streamline communication in downstream activities while supporting spatial visibility of the joints, penetrations and fire protection system layout in a building. The powerful Revit content adds data-rich families to BIM projects, speeds up fire stop detailing and offers valuable life-cycle information to the contractors.
Revit BIM Objects are available in various categories like concrete brick & gypsum walls, penetrations in concrete floor, construction joints, head-of-wall perimeter joints, etc. Moreover, they incorporate shared parameters for providing contractors the ability to create schedules and take-offs. Our Fire Protection Modeling Service Offerings include 3D Modeling of Pipes, Fittings, Valves & Accessories. We also offer Sprinkler Head Calculation and Pipe Sizing Inspection.
Building Information Modeling allows fire protection contractors to get the following benefits:
- Better communication of fire sprinkler design information for multi-trade coordination, improved accuracy, clear documentation
- Project collaboration on the viability to virtually pre-construct buildings
- Maximizing the value of pre-design by prefabricating system components
- Waste reduction in material and field labor during project delivery
- Collision detection during the project design phase to increase field productivity
- Faster & cost-efficient fire sprinkler & piping installations by confirming proper air & water pressure levels
- External & internal corrosion management to avoid catastrophic system failure
- Inspection of new and existing sprinkler system, water-flow & fire pump
- Trip testing of dry pipe, deluge, or pre-action valves
- Review of interior and exterior gauges & maintenance of control valves
- Retrofitting existing and occupied buildings for rapid installations
- Determination of best routing and installation procedures to eliminate interference
- Optimum fire protection system performance & proper operation of sprinkler heads