Employees get the enthusiasm to excel by partaking in Corporate Activities.
New Research & Review Conducted by Pinnacle
- Research – Revit: CTB Link
Pinnacle researched on Autodesk® Revit® add-in, which helps you to use CTB file to transform CAD drawing before importing. Usually the CAD drawings are drawn in lines of different color/thickness than what they’re supposed to be plotted. Hence, before importing in Revit, you need to have this extra step of transformation. CTB Link helps you to have your drawing in Revit just as you’d plot the CAD file in a PDF or printer.
Compatible with: Autodesk Revit Version: 2018, 2017, 2016
- Color transformation
- Line weight transformation
- Line type transformation
Research – AutoCAD: Block Manager
The app provides basic functions for managing block attributes, including block definitions and references. It can also be used to select block references by attribute values. The Add-Ins helps to assign the attribute definition as per user requirement. Other activity can be performed whenever the block manager window is displayed for current AutoCAD interface.
- A powerful tool capable of executing several activities with the block stated in current AutoCAD interface
- Block manipulation can be done from one window
- An effective filter option which has the capability to search listed block from block definition area
- Block can be manipulated as per user consideration
- The history of the blocks i.e. Name, Layer and Attributes contain can also be exported as CSV format for further use
- Attribute definitions can be assigned for the selected block by accessing the buttons
- Autodesk AutoCAD Version: 2018 , 2017 , 2016 , 2015
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture Version: 2018 , 2017 , 2016 , 2015
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Version: 2018 , 2017 , 2016 , 2015
Review – Autodesk Cloud Based Application
Advance BIM 360– Tips and Workflow Tricks
Navisworks /BIM 360 Model: Autodesk Point Layout 2018 allows full editing capabilities while using Navisworks with BIM 360 Glue models. One can Add, Edit and Delete points. When a BIM 360 Glue model is opened in Navisworks, Point Layout will connect to Glue and download any points stored for the model. All Native points (Those points originally created in Revit, AutoCAD, or Navisworks – Local model mode)) will be hidden automatically and only points stored in BIM 360 Glue will be shown.
- “BIM 360 – Save Points” is visible in a BIM 360 model. There are limitations while using BIM 360 Mode in Navisworks. Points shown on screen are not actually part of the model and they will not be displayed in the selection tree. You can select the points by clicking in the viewer. However, windowing selection will not work in this regard. Performing an ‘Unhide all’ will redisplay the original native points. Moreover, Locating Duplicates and Renumbering points will affect newly created points. In order to retrieve any new/changed points since original retrieval from BIM 360 Glue, you must close and reopen the model, or close and reopen the Point Layout screen.
- Connect Points: In Revit (and with line work in CAD), the user has the ability to import existing field conditions or as-built points. You can connect points dot to dot with walls, pipe, conduit, cable tray and model lines. For example, if you are connecting underground facilities, you can specify to connect points with pipe.
- Surface and Point Cloud Analysis: A Point Layout user in Revit has the ability to create surface ‘heat’ maps with a deviation legend while analyzing Point Cloud files as well as Total station files (CSV or BIM 360 Layout points). The tool is commonly used to verify floor flatness, slab lever +/- or verify slope/drainage. Point cloud analysis is based upon the geometry/surface you select in order that you can verify/isolate multiple structural categories (columns, slabs and ceilings.)
- Creating Coordinate System Tool (Revit/CAD): You can create a new shared User Coordinate System (UCS) using two known points and entering the respective XYZ values for these points. These points will commonly be grid intersection or offsets from grid intersection. This is commonly done in Revit to create a State Plane coordinate system to import control and match jobsite coordinates where the surveyor is working in.
New Tools & Apps Developed by Pinnacle
- AutoCAD: Mtext to Mleader
Compatible with: AutoCAD 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
Selected Mtexts will be converted as Multileader. The following features will be available by using the tools
- Leader type will be stated as “None”
- Content stated as Mtext
- Created Mleader’s layer will be “MLeaders_RndPIS” for ready reference
Process of Use
- Executing the command “MT2MLD”
- Following the instruction coming in Command line in the current interface of AutoCAD
- AutoCAD: Layout Sorting by Name
Compatible with: AutoCAD 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Existing paper space will be sorted in Ascending order or Descending order as per user requirement by paper space name
Process of Use:
- Execute the command “OrderLayout”
- Follow the instruction coming in Command line in the current interface of AutoCAD
- Revit: Sleeve
Compatible with: Revit 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Used to place a generic model solid as a sleeve for MEP services against ACS categories
- Automatically calculates the permissible sleeve dimensions
- Automatically places sleeve aligned to ACS elements to accommodate MEP services
- Ensures that the sleeve is aligned to the face of the ACS element
- Ensures that the sleeve size perfectly accommodates the MEP service within it
- Works with linked ACS files, where the MEP elements should be in the main file
- Works with selected elements of the Main file too
- Allows the user to save user defined sleeve sizes and load them later
- Allows the user to import the MEP properties in the sleeve placed
- Allows the user to save the Parameter mapping and load them later
How to Use?
The add-in tool button can be found in the MEP panel of the Pinnacle tab in the Revit Ribbon:
- Step1: Click the tool button
- Step2: Select the MEP service
- Step3: Select the ACS element
- Step4: Select the desired sleeve size from the dropdown list in the popped up interface
- Revit: Purge Text Notes
Compatible with: Revit 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
Used to check overlapped and duplicate text notes
- Automatically checks overlapping of text notes with other text notes and lines
- Automatically checks for duplicate text notes
- User gets the liberty of highlighting duplicate or overlapped text notes individually from the tool interface for checking and aesthetics correction
Missing or extra line work while plotting with Legacy Hidden shade plot mode in AutoCAD
Issue: While plotting in AutoCAD using the Legacy Hidden shade plot mode, some line works will be missing.
Causes: This is likely the result of the HIDEPRECISION system variable being set to 0 and the visual style of the model set to Hidden.
- On the command line in AutoCAD, HIDEPRECISION has to be typed
- The value should be changed to 1
- The visual style of the model may also to be changed to “Wireframe.” HIDEPRECISION controls the accuracy of hides and shades by controlling whether hides are calculated in double precision or single precision.
- With HIDEPRECISION set to 1, hides are more accurate because they use double precision. However, it uses more memory and can affect performance, especially when hiding solids.
- The default setting for HIDEPRECISION is always 0. This setting uses single precision calculations and less memory. However, the lower accuracy can mean hiding line work that should not be hidden.
- If encountering issues with the “Legacy hidden” shade plot mode – this can also be seen while using the HIDE command. Ensure that HIDEPRECISION is set to 1 before plotting.
Note: However, it should be noted that the HIDEPRECISION system variable setting is not saved and will not persist beyond the current active session. Each time you stop and restart AutoCAD, it will reset to the default value of 0.
Roadmap for the Beginner
Pinnacle has deviced roadmap for the beginner for Understanding Graphic Override, Which Phase Filter Should be Used?
- Understanding Graphic Overrides:
- Overrides can be customized to ﬁt your need. You can modify cut patterns and lines for existing and demolished elements.
- Overrides can also be used for Materials. You can modify the material override for demolished elements.
- Which Phase Filter Should be Used? – Existing Plan, Demolition Plan, New Floor Plan – Revit Phases can be used to create temporary elements – stuff used during site construction, like fences.
Pinnacle Infotech Published 2 BIM Case Studies
- New Orleans International Airport – BIM facilitated model creation of mechanical trade for long term airport development…..Read more
- Modera Davis – BIM came handy for Modera Davis Construction in USA…. Read more
Pinnacle Participated at the World of Concrete, 2018 Event in Las Vegas, US
Pinnacle Infotech invited construction professionals at 2018 WOC Event, Las Vegas, US.
Date: Jan 23-26
Mr. Scott Pittman & Mr. Sarvesh Kekatpure were the representatives from the company. Read more